My daughter, M, is enrolled with FLVS, so we will just be adding enrichment to her current curriculum, while creating something for T.
This week we will be working on teaching through the use of Pete the Cat books. Through the use of these books we will be previewing kindergarten skills while building foundational skills.
LAFS.K.RL.1.3 With prompting and support, identify characters, settings, and major events in a story.
SS.K.G.2.1 Locate and describe places in the school and community.
MAFS.K.CC.1.1 Count to 100 by ones and by tens. (DOK 1) (MTP Focus: 0 – 10)
MAFS.K.CC.1.2 Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence
MAFS.K.CC.1.3 Read and write numerals from 0 to 20. Represent a number of objects with a written numeral 0 – 20
- fine motor skills while creating “predictable” sentences
- cutting and gluing
- coloring in the lines
- tying shoe laces
- sewing buttons on fabric
- recognizing color words
- hands on spelling words
- recognizing number words (1-5)
- matching numbers (1-10) words, numbers, pictures
- creating adding and subtracting sentencesfluency practice (letter names, letter sounds, sight words)
- home responsibilities
- how to do laundry (when your clothes/shoes get messy)
- growth mindset
- Pete the Cat and his Magical Sunglasses
- create sunglasses to wear
- Scientific Method: what cleaner best cleans stains?
Want to watch the books online? Click the links below.
AND so many more great Pete the Cat freebies at: http://www.kindergartenworks.com/kindergarten-teaching-ideas/writing/pete-the-cat-freebies/