While touring through Italy and France this week in our homeschool journey in , we did an artist study on the art and inventions of Leonardo Davinci. We read Neo Leo and talked about how many of his projects were “failures” in his lifetime but that they went on to be life changing successes for the world we live in today. We decided to try our own luck at building and purchased the Giggleway Robot from amazon.
1. I love that this kit comes with multiple projects so that both my kids can have their own project or they can choose to work together.
2. $25 for the kit was worth it to see the teamwork that came as a result. The parts are small, so the kids had to be very careful in handling the parts and while assembling. Due to the meticulous manner in which they must work, what appeared to be a 5 minute project took a good amount of time, as they carefully poured of the directions and worked together.
3. My kids were absolutely delighted by the final product!
4. Its available on amazon so whats not to love about prime shipping
1. Parts are super small and hard to work with. I am the first to give my kids a project rated for older ages, but I do agree with Giggleway that this is best suited for ages 8+ or best partnered with a parent. You may want to be on standby, no matter what age, to assist when needed or to help clarify directions.
It is challenging for my own kids to come up with their own inventions, so this was a great way to dive into a project where they had a little more guidance. From here, we had so much fun talking about what worked well and how we could improve on the design. The build helped them see a machine from the very tiny pieces to the final product, which helped them begin to come up with their own ideas on designs. I can’t wait to see what Giggleway comes up with next.
We liked it so much, we reached out and asked for a discount for our followers. If you want to give robot building a try, be sure to use the coupon code: 8GSREYCS for 50% off your order at https://amzn.to/31fK5BV
Disclosure: I am a homeschooling mom blogger that may receive compensation from some of the links. I test each product thoroughly and give my own opinions. I do not promote items that my own family does not use and enjoy.